Sunday, August 10, 2008

1 Down and 7 To Go!

Do you know what monumental thing I missed yesterday? Look:

Notice in the far right corner on Saturday the 9th. HOORAY, YIPEE, WOOHOO!!!!!!
I was filling out my August calendar (Iknow, 10 days late, whatever) on the fridge and realized we have put a whole month under our belts. How's that for time flying? It's like I blinked and it just flew by. I couldn't have felt this way if I hadn't gone on a road trip for 2 weeks that's for sure! Now, tomorrow, I'm starting school. (I'll post on that after my first day) Hopefully time will just continue to fly and we'll keep counting down the months.
I had originally thought to write about how crappy my day was. How my toddler will not let me have a moment to myself unless she's sleeping. How the stress has been strangling me all day because I am on my own. The only adult trying to keep up with this house and the bills and the chaos. Trying to send video mail every chance I get just to make him happy even when the kids won't cooperate and I hate looking at myself in it because I'm 30 pounds overweight. Then, I filled out my calendar. I'm encouraged. Drained, but encouraged. I know I can do this because it won't last forever and look at how the time passed by. Now, I've taken a deep breath, pulled some strength and calm from somewhere and feel I can possibly get through the evening without going to get a six-pack.......maybe!

8 comments:

sscrunner said...

Teresaa,

You are a trooper. It is amazing how fast time does fly by. With you starting school and I am assuming the boys are starting soon, I am sure time will continue to fly by. I was having a stressful day today also and I ended up at Hacienda for a margerita. It is just want I needed.

Hope tomorrow brings you a brighter day. Keep up the strength and good work.

Crooked Eyebrow said...

One month already?
Wow. Time does fly.
Good luck at school, you'll do great!
We're all here for you too!

Mom23Boys said...

I will be praying for you as you start school and get through the next 7!

Tracy said...

Congratulations on getting through the first month! I hope the rest of the time flies by even faster for you. Good luck with your toddler!

Nili said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nili said...

Yay!!!One month down, time WILL fly, my hubby was deployed at the first of the year....I stayed busy and before I knew it....he was back. Good luck with school, take breaks when you need them, I am keeping you and yours in my prayers.

Christy M. said...

Wow! I can't believe it's already been a month. So fast. The next 9 will fly by. You'll be so busy with school and the kids and all the other stuff you have to manage, that one day you'll blink and your soldier will be home.

christina-defining moments said...

I have that same fridge calendar and kept a countdown on it while my soilder was deployed.