Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thank you all for your insight on the shirt. I don't think anyone told me to wash it! I am definitely NOT going to wash it. By many who made the suggestion to put it on my pillow....I did that tonight as I was putting the clean sheets on! It really smells so good.

Today my patience has been tested. My T-Monkey is showing exactly how good she is at throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her way. We have one month until she turns two....couldn't she give me that last month?
Adding to list of maid, cook, laundromat and referee- I have added plumber and electrician. That's right, ladies. One of the boys put paper towel in the toilet, (for the love of Pete, why?)thus clogging it and making it overflow. No one claimed ownership of it but that's alright. Suck it up and drive on I always say.....or at least that's what the Army always says.
Next, I discovered that all the outlets in the two upstairs bathrooms and the outlets downstairs in the bar area do not work. That's right, I had to hunt around the house to find a working plug to plug my hair dryer into. At least I wasn't late for anything or in a hurry so I didn't panic. I checked the breaker box and flipped the switches but, of course, that didn't work. I called the only friend that we know out here- he is a long time friend of my husband, they went to Ranger school together- I thought maybe he could help since he had refinished his entire basement by himself putting in bathrooms and bedrooms, etc. Guess what, he hired an electrician!!!!! So, reluctantly I e-mailed my soldier and asked for suggestions all the while painting a bright and sunny, happy picture here at home so he won't worry. Aggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!
We leave for Grandma's in two days so maybe I just won't worry about any of this until we get back, right? Just let it go, enjoy the family and hope that somehow, magically I become an electrician in my sleep and I can fix it when I get back!

UPDATE- I had to pause to answer the phone and it was him....just what I needed. Now maybe I can fix the outlets after getting my instructions! BTW, he is doing well, sounds a little tired but discovered they have a Taco Bell over there. Life is good.

8 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Don't you hate when that kind of stuff happens around the house. My hubs travels for business frequently during the year and things always seem to happen when he is away.

When I read Taco Bell, it made me want to go get a nacho for lunch :-)

Bloggin' Mama said...

It sounds like your GFI for your outlets is tripped (it's to keep you from getting electrocuted if something plugged in ever touches water or water gets near the outlet). If I am correct, you need to find the outlet with the reset button on it. Some new houses have them in the garage - others have a main reset in the kitchen or one of the bathrooms. I had this happen one time while my husband was away on a field training exercise and called an electrician friend to figure it out...... Once you find the outlet, there should be 2 buttons on it, press the one that is popped out and it should make your outlets work again.

Oh, and the last time my husband was TDY for longer than a week (it was 8 weeks), I ended up in the hospital...... we have also had random things go wrong while he's away that NEVER happen while he's here (strep throat, broken vehicle leaving me and our oldest stranded on the interstate.......). I think it's God's way of testing our strength and patience.

Michelle said...

I hope the trip will give you a bit of a break from the kids!!

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

HOORAY FOR LEAVING FOR GRANDMA'S! We can't wait to see you and I hope your electricity problems cure themselves!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! First time commenter and congratulations for taking the step to start your blog! I do like the design.

It does sound like you tripped a GFI; is it fixed yet? Those can be annoying, but better than getting fried by a blow dryer, huh?

Crooked Eyebrow said...

I am glad you didnt' wash and I wanted to wish you a safe trip!

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

Have a wonderful time at Grandma's! The electric stuff, the plumbing stuff, the sheets, etc. all need to be tended to SOME OTHER TIME! Tend to your heart... that is the most important!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, electrical problems stink. I'm pretty handy - I can hang stuff and use a drill and saw and all that but I draw the line at electrical - I'm afraid I'll burn the house down.

I hope you got everything fixed up.