Friday, July 18, 2008

A Day Full of Blessings





I am uplifted today and thanking you all for your prayers and praising God for how I feel.

I began my day dreading the fact that I had to go and get my driver's license renewed. I had puffy eyes from staying up to late after my midnight phone call from my soldier. It's all worth it but I really don't want to look like an old hag in my DL photo. However, I had to do it today because I've also decided to take the kids on a road trip next week to Grandma's house. Don't want Mommy to go to jail with an expired license, right? Anyway, this may seem small to some of you but do you know how hard it is to renew your license when you move every 2-3 years. Not fun. Well, I walked in took a number and sat down with irritation and the 3 million people sitting inside. To my surprise, my number was called within 5 minutes of sitting down. I had taken an eye exam, registered to vote, and had my new picture taken all within 15 minutes of entering the building. AND not to mention, every DMV employee was nice and smiling. Am I in Pleasantville or what? I took that blessing and ran with it.

Next, I get home feeling very accomplished and there was a knock at the door. Two ladies who were on their morning walk had a set of keys in their hands and was wondering if they were mine because the key matched the Honda sitting in the garage...which I left open, and I never do that. They were my keys! I knew I had misplaced them but thought they were buried in the diaper bag along with everything else on my list and that was my next task for the day....find the keys. Tracking my steps, I realized I must have dropped them out of my pocket when I went to get the neighbors mail across the street who is out of town. They had been run over, the keyless entry is toast but the house key and everything else was still in tact. Can you believe that? I'm telling you, I'll take that one too.

Then, it has been storming all day here in Colorado and the sun finally came out but it was still raining. I told my sons to go search for a rainbow. Not just any rainbow.....a double rainbow .....which is a sign to us in our family that everything is going to be ok. It was right outside of my house! I walked out on my deck from my bedroom and it was the most beautiful, vibrant, FULL DOUBLE rainbow I have every seen in my life. I took a thousand pics and couldn't wait to share them with the family. You see, this is a sign of peace and hope and a promise that everything is going to be ok. We were blessed with one each time my soldier deployed and sure enough all was well and many blessings came from such hard times. This one today, it brought me to my knees, I tell ya. I called my MIL right away and she cried and I cried. I sent the pics to my soldier as fast as I could. I feel so incredible right now despite everything. Your prayers are working ladies, thank you so much.





16 comments:

Christy M. said...

Beautiful!! Absolutely beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. It astounds me how positive you are. I completely believe in signs like your rainbow - I'm so happy for you that you saw it again today. (((Hugs)))

debi said...

Keeping you in my prayers. What an amazing wife and mother you are.LOve the family pictures.

sscrunner said...

Beautiful!! Keep those positive thoughts. You are an amazing person.

Crooked Eyebrow said...

What a beautiful day and you didn't miss any signs that were there to help you at all.

The rainbow? The double rainbow?? Floors me.

I'm glad you got your rainbows.

Michelle said...

The rainbows are incredible! It seems the little blessings are what helps us through the big challenges. I'm glad you have this outlet now. Hopefully it will help help you out during your lonely times.

(I came from Beth's blog.)

Pam said...

Rainbows and I have that same relationship. One of the most amazing times was when we left the movie theater after watchign Facing the Giants and saw one like you are describing. I was so inspired and renewed! So glad that you are feeling this way. So glad that you are feeling the prayers. So glad that you are becoming our friend via blogs! Gotta love em!

Blessings,

Pam

Laura Marchant said...

Wow, a positive experience at the dmv, is there a record book for that :-)
Great pic!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm so glad to have found your blog. My husband will be joining the Army in September. We are very excited about it, as it's something he has wanted to do for the 10 years we've been together. We know it's God's plan for us, which makes the uncertainty less scary...

Thanks for writing positively (just from checking your sidebar, so far). I'll be adding you to my reader!

Lisa B @ simply His said...

Oh wow! That is so awesome! I don't think I've ever seen a double rainbow my entire life - of course, I feel a lot older than I really am too *giggle* {{hugs and prayers}}

Lynette3boys said...

Chills girl - I've got chills. What a great reminder you were given. I love that you had such a great day. Thanks for sharing!

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! What a beautiful day - you deserve that one and many, many more.

D... said...

I'll certainly say your day was filled with many blessings! The gorgeous double rainbow was a yummy icing on the cake.

My brother, a Coastie, came home a few months ago from his 2nd deployment. It's so hard on the soldiers & their families. Ya'll will certainly be in my thoughts. I pray for your hubby's 3rd safe return to ya'll.

Sunshine said...

Sounds like a great day!

Picture is gorgeous.

Kirsten said...

Glad all your signs were positive, and you made me teary at the end. It's the little things that keep you going. Here's to a good weekend and a safe trip to "grandma's".

Amy said...

Double rainbows are awesome! We had one on our wedding day - even got a picture with it in the background. So glad you are feeling so blessed - like you should.