Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good Things Come in Two's?

I don't know if the title statement is true or not but two very good things happened to me today despite almost getting run over by a maniac on the highway pretending that he was in the Indy 500. Side note- Colorado drivers are nuts. I missed a big event yesterday- We have officially reached the 2-month mark since my soldier left!!! I'm so excited. I guess its good being busy even though sometimes I just want to take a Calgon moment and shut myself in my room for and hour and slow down. The 'busy' is what makes it so great when we can mark off another month. Only 6 more to go, my friends!
See! I even have it on my calendar and I just noticed it today! Scary...


The second great thing is that I captured another double rainbow right outside my house. God sure has been awfully generous with these rainbows during this deployment and its such a blessing. Sometimes I feel so scared and nervous - especially after watching the depressing news. Doesn't it seem like it's always so bad? Anyway- this rainbow lifted me up and helped to reinforce my faith. I just wish that I could be faithful like this all the time. It's that damn fear that creeps in and takes over when you least expect it. So, signs like this are like pure heaven to me. I am so grateful.

Isn't it just so vibrant and beautiful? I took this picture standing in my garage. P.S. I LOVE my neighbors yellow house- it's so happy looking, don't you think?

And finally- I would like to take just a sentence or two to thank all of you for commenting on my posts. I REALLY appreciate all of you and I can't tell you how much encouragement I take in just from reading your comments. Thank you from the bottom of my heart- it means the world to me!


6 comments:

Lynette3boys said...

That rainbow is the most amazing double rainbow I have EVER seen! It truly is a sign from above. The good Lord is watching over your family.

*Lissa* said...

Fabulous picture! Love your good attitude!

sscrunner said...

Beautiful rainbow. So glad god is watching over you. Keep that strong faith. I am so glad you are busy and the time is going fast. When does he come home again? March?

Keep up my good spirits my dear. I am always hear for you if you need to vent.

Kirsten said...

Well maybe all things come in 3's so you should be on the lookout for #3! Print that picture of the rainbows. It is an awesome sign of hope, and you should be able to see it every day.

Crooked Eyebrow said...

How wonderful that is!

2 months have flown by and I will continue to keep you and your soldier in my thoughts!

Kirsten said...

I wanted to say hi and hope your day is going well. I don't know if you have ever clicked over to my blog or not. If you have done so in the past couple of weeks, you probably have seen my political viewpoints. I wrote the one below because of you. I've never walked in your shoes with deployment, but I did live the life of an active duty wife for 4+ years and my husband has been in the guard since he left active duty. I wrote this because I want other people who politically think the way I do but have no contact with the military to think twice about what and how they say the things they do. I would appreciate your opinion (when you get a moment to breathe!) and whether or not I made my point.

Thanks, Teresa, for doing an awesome job holding down your fort. I appreciate you, your family, and your soldier for all you do.

http://tinyurl.com/625h3x

Kirsten