Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Weekly Weigh- In With the Sisters

Ok so I am down a whole pound and that is after falling off the low-carb bandwagon yesterday and picking up fast food for the kids and I. I know, that's like a sin or something but unfortunately I have yet another final and I've been doing nothing but studying and breathing for the past 4 days!

I feel like I am on a roller coaster with weight gain. I lose it for awhile and then I think I'm fine and what's one little donut.....or 2 or 6? Then it slowly creeps back up until the ol' jeans aren't feeling too good right out of the dryer. I have to confess that food is my stress reliever. Although when I think about it, it only lasts for a few minutes and the stress is still there. I've always known that I'm a much better exerciser than a 'dieter' but right now I'm just trying to find enough hours to sleep, take care of 3 kids, study, clean, study.......you get the idea, right?

Enough excuses! I do want to be healthy and have more energy and I used to counsel people on weight loss a long time ago when we lived in Louisiana so I know all the rules on how to do it right. I just need to make that commitment. That seems to be the hardest part for me.
I have to add that I am proud of myself for losing that one pound and for not putting on the usual 20 that I do when my soldier deploys. BTW, for those of you who read me often, we are now at the 6 month point with only 2 left to go!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!
Hopefully by following the 'Sisterhood' I will be encouraged to stick with this and it will make me accountable. I used to work out with my SIL when we were all stationed together a year ago and having a partner made all the difference in the world. The Sisterhood is my partner now and I am excited already by the posts I've read and the weight loss that's been documented!
Keep it up, Sisters!

11 comments:

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU JOINED US!!!! I cannot believe you only have 2 months until your soldier comes home. WOW!

It sounds like you have so much going on, but you can do this! One pound is a great place to start. That 4 sticks of butter, baby ;)

Love you!!

Crooked Eyebrow said...

Ditto Christy.So excited you are with us! Only 2 more months? Time is flying by.

Good luck on your final!

Lynette3boys said...

Good for you! And that is so great to hear that there are only 2 months are left. Very exciting! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the deployment being mostly over! Although I know it's not over until it's over. Congrats on all you do on a daily basis and to made the committment to the sisterhood is awesome. Kudos to you!

sscrunner said...

You are taking a step in the right direction...Keep up the good work...It is so hard because you have so much going on.....Good look on your final...I know you will do awesome...

2 months...I can't wait for the post when he comes home or you send me an e-mail telling me he is home...Brings tears to my eyes already. Looking forward to going to lunch...

Hugs!!!

*Lissa* said...

TWO months?! Wow!!!

Best of luck on the final!

I am really glad we have you on board at the sisterhood! ;o)

Mommy Mo said...

Bye Bye One Pound. That is one less pound to worry about, right?

And here's to the next two months flying by for you.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the loss! Considering all you have going on, that's a big accomplishment.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marie said...

I tried to post this after Veteran's Day. Don't know if you ever played it, but trust me it's so worth a listen!
God bless your family and our soldiers. Copy and paste to your browser - you will love it.

http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com:80/Battle%20Hymn/index.htm

Anonymous said...

hey Christy how are you doing? good here when you have a chance will you go look at my blog and tell me what you think please on my latest blogging